NORWALK, Conn. - Nicola “Nick” Girardo, a long-time Norwalk resident. died Wednesday, Feb. 19. He was 81.
Girardo was born March 25, 1932, in Sambiase, Italy, son of Nicola and Maria Cadorna Girardo. He immigrated to the United States in 1956. He was a retired landscaper.
Girardo is survived by his daughter, Maria Girardo Scicchitano (Vincent); three grandchildren all of Norwalk; brothers and one sister: Pietro Girardo of Italy and Salvatore Girardo of Australia; sister, Maria Girardo Ferrara of Italy; and numerous nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; brother, Giovanni (John) Girardo; and sister, Antonietta Girardo Bonaddio.
Calling hours are Satruday, Feb. 22 from 10 to 11 a.m. at the Magner Funeral Home with services at 11 a.m. followed by a burial at Riverside Cemetery.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport