TRUMBULL, Conn. - Miriam Taishoff Gerry of Trumbull, formerly of Norwalk and Newtown, died April 2. She was 91.
Gerry was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., she was the daughter of Phillip and Augusta Taishoff. She was a graduate of NYU with a BFA in Architecture, she also got her M.S. and certification in special education. She worked with children at the Mohegan School and later at the E. O. Walsh School.
Gerry is survived by her sister, Sally Cleveland of Vero Beach, Fla.; children, Alexandra (Randi) of Norwalk, Thomas of Round Top, N.Y., and Patricia Gerry Campbell of Newtown; three grandchildren; son-in-law, William Campbell; daughter-in-law, Brenda D. Gerry; two great-grandchildren; and nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Walter J. Gerry; sister, Caryl Louise Carnow; and grandson, Joshua Gerry.
Funeral services will be conducted at 4 p.m. Saturday, April 5 at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. Burial will be at the convenience of the family. Friends will be received at the funeral home on Saturday from 2-4 p.m..
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to C.H. Booth Library, 25 Main St., Newtown, CT 06470.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 5 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk