TRUMBULL, Conn. - Miriam Taishoff Gerry of Trumbull, formerly of Norwalk and Newtown, died April 2. She was 91.
Gerry was born in Brooklyn, N.Y., she was the daughter of Phillip and Augusta Taishoff. She was a graduate of NYU with a BFA in Architecture, she also got her M.S. and certification in special education. She worked with children at the Mohegan School and later at the E. O. Walsh School.
Gerry is survived by her sister, Sally Cleveland of Vero Beach, Fla.; children, Alexandra (Randi) of Norwalk, Thomas of Round Top, N.Y., and Patricia Gerry Campbell of Newtown; three grandchildren; son-in-law, William Campbell; daughter-in-law, Brenda D. Gerry; two great-grandchildren; and nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Walter J. Gerry; sister, Caryl Louise Carnow; and grandson, Joshua Gerry.
Funeral services will be conducted at 4 p.m. Saturday, April 5 at the Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St., Danbury. Burial will be at the convenience of the family. Friends will be received at the funeral home on Saturday from 2-4 p.m..
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to C.H. Booth Library, 25 Main St., Newtown, CT 06470.
- 1 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Norwalk With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued