NORWALK, Conn. - Mildred Federici Guarino of Norwalk died Thursday, May 8. She was 94.
Guarino was born Jan. 26, 1920, in Norwalk, she was the daughter of Anthony and Mary Testa Catena. A lifelong Norwalk resident, she worked as an operator for Holson Co. for many years.
Guarino is survived by her daughter, Phyllis LaRusso (William) of Norwalk; sons, Anthony Federici (Lynn) and John Federici (Candace); sister, Mary Catena, all of Norwalk; seven grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husbands, Anthony Federici and Anthony Guarino,
Calling hours are Wednesday, May 14 from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Wednesday, May 14 at 11 a.m. in St. Thomas the Apostle Church, 203 East Ave., Norwalk. Burial will follow in St. John Cemetery, Richards Ave., Norwalk.
Contributions in Guarino’s name may be made to: The Marvin/Under One Roof Assisted Living, 60 Gregory Blvd., Norwalk, CT 06855.
- 1 Fairfield Mother Jailed In Case Of Missing 14-Year-Old Son From Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Norwalk With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued