SHELTON, Conn. - Mercede Iacono Trofa of Shelton, and former longtime Norwalk resident, died Saturday, Jan. 11. She was 81.
Trofa was born Sept. 24, 1932, in Serrara-Fontana, Ischia, Italy; daughter of Antonio and Francesca Iacono. She worked for several years for Swank, Perkin Elmer and Norden Systems.
Trofa is survived by her children, Florindo A. “Tony” Trofa (Jacqueline) of Danbury and Anna Maria Arena (Gaetano) of Shelton; three granddaughters; siblings, Vincenza Iacono, Vincenzo Iacono (Filomena), Maria Mercuri (Franco), Anna Conte (Mario) and Luigi Iacono (Assunta); and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Giovanni A. Trofa; and sisters, Vincenza Iacono and Giovanna Iacono–Fiore.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 15 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 16 at St. Philip Church, 1 Father Conlon Place in Norwalk, with entombment to follow at St. John Cemetery.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk Police Arrest Two Men On Crack-Possession Charges
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport