SHELTON, Conn. - Mercede Iacono Trofa of Shelton, and former longtime Norwalk resident, died Saturday, Jan. 11. She was 81.
Trofa was born Sept. 24, 1932, in Serrara-Fontana, Ischia, Italy; daughter of Antonio and Francesca Iacono. She worked for several years for Swank, Perkin Elmer and Norden Systems.
Trofa is survived by her children, Florindo A. “Tony” Trofa (Jacqueline) of Danbury and Anna Maria Arena (Gaetano) of Shelton; three granddaughters; siblings, Vincenza Iacono, Vincenzo Iacono (Filomena), Maria Mercuri (Franco), Anna Conte (Mario) and Luigi Iacono (Assunta); and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Giovanni A. Trofa; and sisters, Vincenza Iacono and Giovanna Iacono–Fiore.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 15 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 16 at St. Philip Church, 1 Father Conlon Place in Norwalk, with entombment to follow at St. John Cemetery.
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 Newest Section Of Norwalk River Valley Trail A Hit For Runners, Bikers
- 3 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 4 Norwalk’s Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Hosts Flea Market
- 5 Feds Award $161 Million Grant To Replace Aging Train Bridge In Norwalk