SHELTON, Conn. - Mercede Iacono Trofa of Shelton, and former longtime Norwalk resident, died Saturday, Jan. 11. She was 81.
Trofa was born Sept. 24, 1932, in Serrara-Fontana, Ischia, Italy; daughter of Antonio and Francesca Iacono. She worked for several years for Swank, Perkin Elmer and Norden Systems.
Trofa is survived by her children, Florindo A. “Tony” Trofa (Jacqueline) of Danbury and Anna Maria Arena (Gaetano) of Shelton; three granddaughters; siblings, Vincenza Iacono, Vincenzo Iacono (Filomena), Maria Mercuri (Franco), Anna Conte (Mario) and Luigi Iacono (Assunta); and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Giovanni A. Trofa; and sisters, Vincenza Iacono and Giovanna Iacono–Fiore.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 15 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 16 at St. Philip Church, 1 Father Conlon Place in Norwalk, with entombment to follow at St. John Cemetery.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 3 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 4 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced
- 5 Norwalk High Band Marches To Title In National Contest