SHELTON, Conn. - Mercede Iacono Trofa of Shelton, and former longtime Norwalk resident, died Saturday, Jan. 11. She was 81.
Trofa was born Sept. 24, 1932, in Serrara-Fontana, Ischia, Italy; daughter of Antonio and Francesca Iacono. She worked for several years for Swank, Perkin Elmer and Norden Systems.
Trofa is survived by her children, Florindo A. “Tony” Trofa (Jacqueline) of Danbury and Anna Maria Arena (Gaetano) of Shelton; three granddaughters; siblings, Vincenza Iacono, Vincenzo Iacono (Filomena), Maria Mercuri (Franco), Anna Conte (Mario) and Luigi Iacono (Assunta); and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Giovanni A. Trofa; and sisters, Vincenza Iacono and Giovanna Iacono–Fiore.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Jan. 15 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 16 at St. Philip Church, 1 Father Conlon Place in Norwalk, with entombment to follow at St. John Cemetery.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk
- 4 Supporters Gather In Norwalk To Hear From Bernie Sanders
- 5 Norwalk NAACP Announces Probe Into 2014 Death Of Redding Lawyer