FAIRFIELD, Conn. - Maureen Gerrity of Fairfield died Monday, March 10. She was 47.
Gerrity was born in New Jersey and was a Fairfield resident for the last 14 years. She received her Bachelor's Degree at Franklin Pierce College and had been the Head of the Aids Education Department at the Norwalk Health Department. She was a true advocate for her daughter, Katie and other children with special needs.
Gerrity is survived by her father, William C. Gerrity of Trumbull; sister, Kitty Robertson (Dan); brother, Bill Gerrity of Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.; aunt, Mary Noreen Igoe (Dan); nephews and nieces; and cousins. She was predeceased by her mother, Catherine Gerrity.
Calling hours are Thursday, March 13 from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Spear-Miller Funeral Home, 39 South Benson Road, Fairfield. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, March 14 at Holy Family Church, Fairfield. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in memory of Gerrity may be made to the Upper Northeast Angelman Syndrome Foundation (www.upneangels.com) or the Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (www.cureangelman.org)
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Fighting Officer During Drug Arrest
- 2 Death Of Fairfield Man Found On Island Off Westport Ruled Suicide
- 3 Missing Fairfield Boater Found Dead On Westport Island
- 4 Police: Norwalk Man Smashed Hospital Door While Drunk
- 5 Bridgeport Ice Cream Venture Suits Norwalk Man To A Tea