RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Mary (Weitzel) Spitzer of Ridgefield died Monday, Feb. 17. She was 95.
Spitzer was born Oct. 21, 1918, in New York, N.Y., the daughter of Elizabeth (Becker) and Charles W. Weitzel, Sr. A lifelong Ridgefield resident, she was a legal assistant for many years to lawyers in Norwalk and Ridgefield until her retirement. She also was a member of the First Congregational Church of Ridgefield.
Spitzer is survived by a son, Craig P. Spitzer (Pam) of Bridgewater; sister, Helen Chapman of Houston, Texas; two grandchildren; two great grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Philip K. Spitzer; sister, Elizabeth Bloomer; and brother, Charles W. Weitzel, Jr.
Calling hours are Saturday, Feb. 22 from 2 to 4 p.m. Funeral service will be held at 4 p.m. in the Kane Funeral Home, 25 Catoonah St., Ridgefield with the Rev. Dr. Charles Hambrick-Stowe, Senior Pastor of the First Congregational Church of Ridgefield officiating. Interment will take place in Bald Hill Cemetery, Wilton in the spring.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Bridgewater Volunteer Fire Dept. Ambulance Fund, P.O. Box 9, Bridgewater, CT 06752 or to the New Milford Animal Welfare, 8 Dodd Rd., New Milford, CT 06776.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 3 Where To Eat Out In And Around Norwalk On Thanksgiving
- 4 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced
- 5 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job