NORWALK, Conn. - Mary Spero Caccamo of Norwalk, formerly of Westport, died Tuesday, May 12. She was 96.
Caccamo was born July 17, 1917, in Norwalk, the daughter of Anthony and Assunta Gazzio Spero. She had also resided in Westport with her husband. Before her retirement, she had been employed by Deluxe Check. Along with her sister, Susan, she volunteered for the Red Cross Blood drives and was a member of AARP.
Caccamo is survived by her brothers, Lewis J. Spero and Patrick Spero (Josephine), all of Norwalk; sisters Susan Spero of Norwalk and Anna Magner of Elizabethtown, Pa.; and many nieces, nephews, grand-nieces, grand-nephews; great-grand-nieces and great-grand-nephews; and one great-great-grandniece. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Joseph Caccamo.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Thursday, May 15, at 10 a.m. in St. Thomas the Apostle Church, 203 East Ave., Norwalk. The Mass is for both Mary Caccamo and her sister-in-law, Lewis [Mary] Spero. Burial will follow in St. John Cemetery.
The wake for both ladies will be from 4 to 8 p.m. May 14 at the Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 5 Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud In Norwalk