CHANTILLY, Va. - Mary Clara Anthony of Chantilly, formerly of Norwalk, died Tuesday, July 22. She was 75.
Anthony was born in Myanmar, formerly known as Burma, in 1939. She married Harry Anthony in New Delhi, India, in 1969 before immigrating to the United States in 1977. She lived with her husband in Norwalk for over 30 years before retiring and relocating to Virginia to be with her daughter in 2010.
Anthony is survived by her husband, Harry Anthony; daughter, Veronica Anthony (Salahuddin) Khattak; three grandchildren; siblings, Theresa (Stella) Nayagam also from Norwalk and Anthony Arokiadas (Augustine) of Chennai, India; and many nieces and nephews in Norwalk, India and Myanmar.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 24, from 5 to 8 p.m. at Collins Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, July 25, at St. Joseph’s Church in South Norwalk.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced