CHANTILLY, Va. - Mary Clara Anthony of Chantilly, formerly of Norwalk, died Tuesday, July 22. She was 75.
Anthony was born in Myanmar, formerly known as Burma, in 1939. She married Harry Anthony in New Delhi, India, in 1969 before immigrating to the United States in 1977. She lived with her husband in Norwalk for over 30 years before retiring and relocating to Virginia to be with her daughter in 2010.
Anthony is survived by her husband, Harry Anthony; daughter, Veronica Anthony (Salahuddin) Khattak; three grandchildren; siblings, Theresa (Stella) Nayagam also from Norwalk and Anthony Arokiadas (Augustine) of Chennai, India; and many nieces and nephews in Norwalk, India and Myanmar.
Calling hours are Thursday, July 24, from 5 to 8 p.m. at Collins Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, July 25, at St. Joseph’s Church in South Norwalk.
- 1 One Stabbed, Three Teens Arrested In Large South Norwalk Fight
- 2 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 3 Norwalk Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk