NORWALK, Conn. - Mary Alice Mucci Spero of Norwalk died May 11. She was 93.
Spero was born March 14, 1921, in Fall River, Mass., and was the daughter of Gulio and Italia Mucci. She was a longtime Norwalk resident and a member of St. Thomas the Apostle Parish.
Spero is survived by her husband, Lewis J. Spero; children, Angel Guman (Steve) of Naugatuck, Susann Perry (Jim) of Waterbury, Barbara Loehn (Richie) of Stratford, Rosemarie Ginter (Jay) of Hawley, Pa., Lewis A. Spero of Devon, Linda Spero of Norwalk, Mark Spero (Linda) of Norwalk, Anthony Spero (Diane) of Stratford; 15 grandchildren; 28 great grandchildren; and a great great granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents; daughter; Gloria Spero Farina; grandchildren, Sam Farina, Lewis Loehn, and Sherri Lee Rauley; brother, Aurellio Mucci; and sister, Nora DiScala.
Calling hours are Wednesday, May 14 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Thursday, May 15 at 10 a.m. in St. Thomas the Apostle Church, 203 East Ave. Burial will follow in St. John Cemetery.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 5 Where To Eat Out In And Around Norwalk On Thanksgiving