NORWALK, Conn. - Marjorie T. Hazzard, a longtime resident of Rowayton and Norwalk, died Tuesday, July 29. She was 86.
Hazzard was born April 3, 1928, in Stamford, the daughter of Andrew Johnson and Katherine (Pauley) Tyler. She worked at Greenberg's Department Store in Norwalk and later became a stay-at-home mom while working part-time as a crossing guard for the Norwalk Police Department.
Hazzard is survived by her children, Norman "Hap" Hazzard of Norwalk; Katherine Seymour (Taylor) of Bethel; Lola Sweeney (John) of Norwalk; and four grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Sunday, Aug. 3, from 2 to 6 p.m. at Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien. A service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, Aug. 4, at the funeral home. Burial will follow at Spring Grove Cemetery, Darien.
Memorial donations may be made to the charity of one's choice.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Norwalk Police Identify Pedestrian Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Norwalk