NORWALK, Conn. - Marjorie T. Hazzard, a longtime resident of Rowayton and Norwalk, died Tuesday, July 29. She was 86.
Hazzard was born April 3, 1928, in Stamford, the daughter of Andrew Johnson and Katherine (Pauley) Tyler. She worked at Greenberg's Department Store in Norwalk and later became a stay-at-home mom while working part-time as a crossing guard for the Norwalk Police Department.
Hazzard is survived by her children, Norman "Hap" Hazzard of Norwalk; Katherine Seymour (Taylor) of Bethel; Lola Sweeney (John) of Norwalk; and four grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Sunday, Aug. 3, from 2 to 6 p.m. at Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien. A service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, Aug. 4, at the funeral home. Burial will follow at Spring Grove Cemetery, Darien.
Memorial donations may be made to the charity of one's choice.
- 1 Six Busted On Prostitution Charges In Sting In Norwalk
- 2 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 3 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 4 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach