NORWALK, Conn. - Marjorie T. Hazzard, a longtime resident of Rowayton and Norwalk, died Tuesday, July 29. She was 86.
Hazzard was born April 3, 1928, in Stamford, the daughter of Andrew Johnson and Katherine (Pauley) Tyler. She worked at Greenberg's Department Store in Norwalk and later became a stay-at-home mom while working part-time as a crossing guard for the Norwalk Police Department.
Hazzard is survived by her children, Norman "Hap" Hazzard of Norwalk; Katherine Seymour (Taylor) of Bethel; Lola Sweeney (John) of Norwalk; and four grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Sunday, Aug. 3, from 2 to 6 p.m. at Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien. A service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, Aug. 4, at the funeral home. Burial will follow at Spring Grove Cemetery, Darien.
Memorial donations may be made to the charity of one's choice.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk