NORWALK, Conn. - Marjorie T. Hazzard, a longtime resident of Rowayton and Norwalk, died Tuesday, July 29. She was 86.
Hazzard was born April 3, 1928, in Stamford, the daughter of Andrew Johnson and Katherine (Pauley) Tyler. She worked at Greenberg's Department Store in Norwalk and later became a stay-at-home mom while working part-time as a crossing guard for the Norwalk Police Department.
Hazzard is survived by her children, Norman "Hap" Hazzard of Norwalk; Katherine Seymour (Taylor) of Bethel; Lola Sweeney (John) of Norwalk; and four grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Sunday, Aug. 3, from 2 to 6 p.m. at Edward Lawrence Funeral Home, 2119 Post Road, Darien. A service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, Aug. 4, at the funeral home. Burial will follow at Spring Grove Cemetery, Darien.
Memorial donations may be made to the charity of one's choice.
- 1 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 2 One Stabbed, Three Teens Arrested In Large South Norwalk Fight
- 3 Norwalk Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk