NORWALK, Conn. – Louis A. Iaizzi Sr. of Norwalk died Nov. 9 at Norwalk Hospital. He was 98.
Iaizzi was born Aug. 31, 1914, on Strawberry Hill in New Canaan. He served in the Navy during World War II aboard the USS Henry Tucker. He was an avid golfer, hatter and sports enthusiast.
He was best known for his joy of life and love of people, often expressed in letter writing, singing and self-taught guitar and harmonica playing, his family said.
Iaizzi is survived by a son, Louis (Gene) Iaizzi Jr.; two daughters, Theresa (Joseph) Garibaldi and Lois (Tony) DeMartino; six granddaughters and 14 great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Margaret DeRosa, and eight siblings.
Private family gatherings were held. Magner Funeral Home handled arrangements. Memorial donations may be made to a favorite charity.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 3 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 4 Police: Two Arrested After Shots Fired In Norwalk
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI