NORWALK, Conn. – Louis A. Iaizzi Sr. of Norwalk died Nov. 9 at Norwalk Hospital. He was 98.
Iaizzi was born Aug. 31, 1914, on Strawberry Hill in New Canaan. He served in the Navy during World War II aboard the USS Henry Tucker. He was an avid golfer, hatter and sports enthusiast.
He was best known for his joy of life and love of people, often expressed in letter writing, singing and self-taught guitar and harmonica playing, his family said.
Iaizzi is survived by a son, Louis (Gene) Iaizzi Jr.; two daughters, Theresa (Joseph) Garibaldi and Lois (Tony) DeMartino; six granddaughters and 14 great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Margaret DeRosa, and eight siblings.
Private family gatherings were held. Magner Funeral Home handled arrangements. Memorial donations may be made to a favorite charity.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Norwalk, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night
- 4 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 5 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield