NORWALK, Conn. – Louis A. Iaizzi Sr. of Norwalk died Nov. 9 at Norwalk Hospital. He was 98.
Iaizzi was born Aug. 31, 1914, on Strawberry Hill in New Canaan. He served in the Navy during World War II aboard the USS Henry Tucker. He was an avid golfer, hatter and sports enthusiast.
He was best known for his joy of life and love of people, often expressed in letter writing, singing and self-taught guitar and harmonica playing, his family said.
Iaizzi is survived by a son, Louis (Gene) Iaizzi Jr.; two daughters, Theresa (Joseph) Garibaldi and Lois (Tony) DeMartino; six granddaughters and 14 great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his wife, Margaret DeRosa, and eight siblings.
Private family gatherings were held. Magner Funeral Home handled arrangements. Memorial donations may be made to a favorite charity.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say