STRATFORD, Conn. - Lorenzo Santoro of Stratford and former longtime Norwalk resident, died Saturday, March 8. He was 66.
Santoro was born Sept. 5, 1947, in Cantanzaro, Calabria, Italy, the son of Carlotta Bertuccio Santoro of Stratford and Domenic F. Santoro. He worked as a hairdresser in Greenwich and Westport for several years and retired as a carpenter with Carpenter’s Local 210. He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, having served during the Vietnam War.
Santoro is survived by his mother, Lorenzo; siblings, Angelo Santoro of Italy, Tina Granata of Norwalk, Teresa Mallozzi of Westport, Nicola Santoro of Shelton and Francesca Tuccinardi of Monroe; 10 nieces and nephews; 10 great nieces and nephews; many aunts, uncles; and cousins in Italy. He was predeceased by his father, Domenic; and brother, Dominick Santoro, Jr.
Calling hours are Wednesday, March 12 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday, March 13 at St. Joseph Church, 85 S. Main St., Norwalk, with burial to follow at St. John Cemetery.
Donations in Santoro’s name may be made to the American Cancer Society.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk