NORWALK, Conn. – Kenneth Gunther Futter, a resident of Bell Island, Rowayton and New York City, died Aug. 19. He was 87.
Born Dec. 23, 1924, in Berlin, Germany, he was the son of Matthew and Erna Futter. He attended Kalisky School in Berlin, DeWitt Clinton High School in New York and Antioch College in Ohio.
Futter was a veteran of World War II and the Korean War. He worked as a management consultant and certified public accountant for various advertising, lumber and design businesses. After retirement, he volunteered with SCORE.
He is survived by his wife, Lyn Gaylord; two daughters, Catherine and Barbara; a stepdaughter, Jennifer; a stepson, Timothy; and a brother, Bernard.
A memorial service will be held privately. Memorial donations can be made to the Visiting Nurse and Hospice of Fairfield County or Whittingham Cancer Center at Norwalk Hospital.
- 1 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 2 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 3 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk
- 5 Supporters Gather In Norwalk To Hear From Bernie Sanders