NORWALK, Conn. – Kenneth Gunther Futter, a resident of Bell Island, Rowayton and New York City, died Aug. 19. He was 87.
Born Dec. 23, 1924, in Berlin, Germany, he was the son of Matthew and Erna Futter. He attended Kalisky School in Berlin, DeWitt Clinton High School in New York and Antioch College in Ohio.
Futter was a veteran of World War II and the Korean War. He worked as a management consultant and certified public accountant for various advertising, lumber and design businesses. After retirement, he volunteered with SCORE.
He is survived by his wife, Lyn Gaylord; two daughters, Catherine and Barbara; a stepdaughter, Jennifer; a stepson, Timothy; and a brother, Bernard.
A memorial service will be held privately. Memorial donations can be made to the Visiting Nurse and Hospice of Fairfield County or Whittingham Cancer Center at Norwalk Hospital.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 4 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk