NORWALK, Conn. - Julius G. Oravez of Norwalk died Tuesday, June 3. He was 84.
Oravez was born Sept. 9, 1929, in Norwalk, he was the son of Julius and Veronica DeDonato Oravez. He served in the U.S. Army and National Guard during the Korean War. He was a firefighter for the City of Norwalk for 35 years and also worked at Stew Leonard’s for 27 years. He was a member of the Eagles, Aerie 588 and the American Legion, Post 12. He was married to Dorothy Porter Oravez.
Oravez is survived by his son, Douglas Oravez of Naugatuck; daughter, Deborah Volante (Stephen) of Trumbull; three grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, John Oravez.
Calling hours are Sunday, June 8 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Monday, June 9 at St. Philip Church, 1 Fr. Conlon Place, Norwalk, with burial to follow at Riverside Cemetery.
Donations in Oravez’s name may be made to a favorite charity of one’s choice.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured