NORWALK, Conn. - Julius G. Oravez of Norwalk died Tuesday, June 3. He was 84.
Oravez was born Sept. 9, 1929, in Norwalk, he was the son of Julius and Veronica DeDonato Oravez. He served in the U.S. Army and National Guard during the Korean War. He was a firefighter for the City of Norwalk for 35 years and also worked at Stew Leonard’s for 27 years. He was a member of the Eagles, Aerie 588 and the American Legion, Post 12. He was married to Dorothy Porter Oravez.
Oravez is survived by his son, Douglas Oravez of Naugatuck; daughter, Deborah Volante (Stephen) of Trumbull; three grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, John Oravez.
Calling hours are Sunday, June 8 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Monday, June 9 at St. Philip Church, 1 Fr. Conlon Place, Norwalk, with burial to follow at Riverside Cemetery.
Donations in Oravez’s name may be made to a favorite charity of one’s choice.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Norwalk