NORWALK, Conn. – Josephine Briganti, a retired Norwalk Hospital nutritionist, died Nov. 19 at Cambridge Manor in Fairfield, surrounded by family. She was 76.
Briganti was born Sept. 12, 1936, in the Bronx, N.Y., to John and Elvira China Pugliese. She was a resident of Bethel and enjoyed cooking big Sunday dinners and spending time with her grandchildren.
She was predeceased by her husband, Michael F. Briganti.
She is survived by four children, Linda (Harvey) Stoller, of Port St. Lucie, Fla., John (Mary) Briganti, of Long Island, N.Y., Michael A Briganti Jr. of Milford, and Martin (Jennifer) Briganti, of Stratford, Conn.; 11 grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m., Friday, at Hoyt-Cognetta Funeral Home and Crematory in Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m., Saturday, at the Church of St. Mary in Bethel. Burial will follow at St. Mary Cemetery in Bethel.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 3 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 4 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced
- 5 Norwalk High Band Marches To Title In National Contest