NORWALK, Conn. – Josephine Briganti, a retired Norwalk Hospital nutritionist, died Nov. 19 at Cambridge Manor in Fairfield, surrounded by family. She was 76.
Briganti was born Sept. 12, 1936, in the Bronx, N.Y., to John and Elvira China Pugliese. She was a resident of Bethel and enjoyed cooking big Sunday dinners and spending time with her grandchildren.
She was predeceased by her husband, Michael F. Briganti.
She is survived by four children, Linda (Harvey) Stoller, of Port St. Lucie, Fla., John (Mary) Briganti, of Long Island, N.Y., Michael A Briganti Jr. of Milford, and Martin (Jennifer) Briganti, of Stratford, Conn.; 11 grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m., Friday, at Hoyt-Cognetta Funeral Home and Crematory in Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m., Saturday, at the Church of St. Mary in Bethel. Burial will follow at St. Mary Cemetery in Bethel.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 3 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Norwalk
- 5 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller