NORWALK, Conn. - Joseph Leonard Macri of Norwalk died Sunday, Sept. 1. He was 86.
Macri was born Dec. 7, 1927, in Stamford, to Patsy and Emma Macri. He served for 28 years in the armed forces: in the U.S. Navy during World War II, the U.S. Army during the Korean War, and the Army Reserves during Vietnam. He was a self-employed landscaper and a member of the American Legion and the Ischoda Yacht Club.
Macri is survived by his wife, Terry (Toyoko) Tojo Macri; son, Joseph Macri Jr. (Donna); four grandchildren; daughter-in-law, Linda Macri, all of Norwalk; brothers, Frank Macri of Norwalk, Paul Macri of Vermont, and Eugene MacAndrews of Norwalk; sister, Rose Holland of Newtown; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; son, James Macri; and several brothers and sisters.
Calling hours are Thursday, Sept. 4, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. Services and interment will be private.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Stabbing Granddaughter's Boyfriend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Woman Took Cash, Broke Into Home Of Boyfriend's Grandfather
- 3 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Norwalk
- 5 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer