NORWALK, Conn. - Joseph Leonard Macri of Norwalk died Sunday, Sept. 1. He was 86.
Macri was born Dec. 7, 1927, in Stamford, to Patsy and Emma Macri. He served for 28 years in the armed forces: in the U.S. Navy during World War II, the U.S. Army during the Korean War, and the Army Reserves during Vietnam. He was a self-employed landscaper and a member of the American Legion and the Ischoda Yacht Club.
Macri is survived by his wife, Terry (Toyoko) Tojo Macri; son, Joseph Macri Jr. (Donna); four grandchildren; daughter-in-law, Linda Macri, all of Norwalk; brothers, Frank Macri of Norwalk, Paul Macri of Vermont, and Eugene MacAndrews of Norwalk; sister, Rose Holland of Newtown; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his parents; son, James Macri; and several brothers and sisters.
Calling hours are Thursday, Sept. 4, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. Services and interment will be private.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport