NORWALK, Conn. - Joseph A. Concordia of Norwalk died Feb. 25. He was 80.
Concordia was born Aug. 1, 1933, in Branchville, son of Maria and John Concordia. He was a sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corps. during the Korean War and was a long-time member of the Marine Corps League, Mahackemo Detachment. He retired from Bank of America in 1991 and then worked part time for several years for Zullo & Tierney, Attorneys at Law.
Concordia is survived by his sons, Michael and Fred; sisters, Gloria Petrini and Ann Concordia; and a grandson. He was predeceased by his wife, Jean.
Calling hours are Friday, Feb. 28 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 14 Mott Ave. in Norwalk. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday, March 1 at St. Mary’s Church in Norwalk, followed by burial at St. John’s Cemetery . in Norwalk.
Contributions in Concordia’s memory may be made to the American Cancer Society, P.O. Box 22718, Oklahoma City, OK or online at donate.cancer.org.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 3 Norwalk’s Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Hosts Flea Market
- 4 Feds Award $161 Million Grant To Replace Aging Train Bridge In Norwalk
- 5 It’s Go Time for Snapper Fishing in Norwalk