NORWALK, Conn. - Joann F. Hackett of Norwalk died Friday, May 30. She was 76.
Hackett was born in Sept. 3, 1937, in Sybertsville, Pa., the daughter of Ezra and Cora Applegate Jones. She had lived in Norwalk for most of her life. She worked for many years as a waitress and more recently as a caregiver with Home Instead in Norwalk. She volunteered with STAR and Challenged People in Motion and was a longtime member of the Community Baptist Church.
Hackett is survived by her children, Clifton Hackett Jr., Lawrence Hackett, Deborah Hackett, Michael Myron Hackett Sr. (Michele), Cora Hackett and Kenny Hackett; and sister, Marjorie Eckert, all of Norwalk; and seven grandchildren and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Clifton C. Hackett Sr.; and siblings Robert Jones, Clayton Jones, and Myrtle Seeley.
Calling hours are Wednesday, June 4, from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. Services will be held at noon Thursday, June 5, at the funeral home, with Pastor Gregory Saunders of the Community Baptist Church officiating. Burial will follow at Riverside Cemetery.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk
- 5 Norwalk High Administrator Moves To Lead Stamford High After Scandal