NORWALK, Conn. – Joan Bateman Syska of Norwalk died Nov. 24 in her sleep at home. She was 73.
Born Oct. 29, 1939, in Mount Vernon, N.Y., Syska was the daughter of Leslie and Elizabeth Gabriel Bateman. She was most recently employed as a childcare provider for the Orem family in Darien for 16 years. Syska was a Red Hat lady who enjoyed gardening and spending time with her grandchildren.
She is survived by two children, Glen Syska, of Norwalk, and Dawn (William) Frate, of Darien; a sister, Elizabeth Shaw, of Massachusetts; and three grandchildren. She was predeceased by a son, Randy Syska.
Visitation is from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Magner Funeral Home in Norwalk. Services will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Fodor Farm Community Garden in Norwalk.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 4 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 5 Where To Eat Out In And Around Norwalk On Thanksgiving