NORWALK, Conn. – Joan Bateman Syska of Norwalk died Nov. 24 in her sleep at home. She was 73.
Born Oct. 29, 1939, in Mount Vernon, N.Y., Syska was the daughter of Leslie and Elizabeth Gabriel Bateman. She was most recently employed as a childcare provider for the Orem family in Darien for 16 years. Syska was a Red Hat lady who enjoyed gardening and spending time with her grandchildren.
She is survived by two children, Glen Syska, of Norwalk, and Dawn (William) Frate, of Darien; a sister, Elizabeth Shaw, of Massachusetts; and three grandchildren. She was predeceased by a son, Randy Syska.
Visitation is from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Magner Funeral Home in Norwalk. Services will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Fodor Farm Community Garden in Norwalk.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 5 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk