NORWALK, Conn. - Joan Judd Bergmann Chase of Norwalk died Friday, June 6. She was 80.
Chase was born June 21, 1933, in Norwalk, the daughter of Charles F. and Jessie M. Van Valkenburgh Judd. A second generation Westport native, she was a graduate of Staples High School, the University of Bridgeport and the Berkeley School in New York.
She was a retired administrative assistant for the Westport Board of Education. She also worked as a freelance writer and editor for the New York media. A communicant of Christ Episcopal Church, she served as a lay assistant, vestry member, newsletter editor and president of the Christian Service League.
Chase is survived by her husband, Terrance Edwin Chase; stepson, Lee P. Chase (Laurie) of Bristol; two step-grandsons Brandon L. and Kyle A. Chase; and her beloved bichon-frise Merrily Joy. She was predeceased by her parents; and first husband, Robert Alan Bergmann.
There will be no calling hours. Funeral services will be held at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 11, at Christ Episcopal Church, 2 Emerson St., Norwalk, with the Rev. Canon Patricia M. Coller officiating. Burial will follow at Willowbrook Cemetery in Westport.
For more information, visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report