NORWALK, Conn. - Joan Judd Bergmann Chase of Norwalk died Friday, June 6. She was 80.
Chase was born June 21, 1933, in Norwalk, the daughter of Charles F. and Jessie M. Van Valkenburgh Judd. A second generation Westport native, she was a graduate of Staples High School, the University of Bridgeport and the Berkeley School in New York.
She was a retired administrative assistant for the Westport Board of Education. She also worked as a freelance writer and editor for the New York media. A communicant of Christ Episcopal Church, she served as a lay assistant, vestry member, newsletter editor and president of the Christian Service League.
Chase is survived by her husband, Terrance Edwin Chase; stepson, Lee P. Chase (Laurie) of Bristol; two step-grandsons Brandon L. and Kyle A. Chase; and her beloved bichon-frise Merrily Joy. She was predeceased by her parents; and first husband, Robert Alan Bergmann.
There will be no calling hours. Funeral services will be held at 11:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 11, at Christ Episcopal Church, 2 Emerson St., Norwalk, with the Rev. Canon Patricia M. Coller officiating. Burial will follow at Willowbrook Cemetery in Westport.
For more information, visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say