NORWALK, Conn. - Jeffrey J. Smith of Norwalk died Sunday, April 6. He was 52.
Smith was born Oct. 31, 1961, in New York City, and was the son of John J. Smith, Jr. and Jean R. Smith of Naples, Fla. He grew up in Newburgh, attended Berklee College of Music, Boston, and earned a Bachelors of Science in Physics from Ne York University Polytechnic Institute of Brooklyn. He was a pianist. He toured with acid jazz guitarist Melvin Sparks and performed with soul music legend Idris Muhammad among others. He worked with Netscape, Sun Microsystems, Innovativ, Agilysys and lastly OnX USA as a senior solutions architect.
Smith is survived by his wife, Lori Ann Palkimas Smith; daughter, Lilah; son, Julius Smith; brother, John J. Smith III of Newburgh, N.Y. He was predeceased by his mother, Jean.
A memorial celebration of Smith's life will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday, April 26 at St. Paul's On-The-Green, 60 East Ave., Norwalk. Interment will be private.
For more information, please visit: www.lacerenzafuneralhome.com/
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk