DARIEN, Conn. – Jean M. Valenti, a longtime Darien resident, died Nov. 16 at her home in Taneytown, Md. She was 90.
Valenti was born June 10, 1922, in Norwalk to Clifford and Elizabeth Main. She graduated from Norwalk High School in 1939. Along with her husband Frank, she was a local business owner in Norwalk for more than 30 years.
She was a member of the Darien Women's Guild and a Eucharistic minister at her church in Tryon, N.C. Valenti also volunteered at St. Luke's Hospital in Tyron. She enjoyed dancing with her husband and members of the local Piedmont Association.
She was predeceased by her husband.
Valenti is survived by four sons, Frank Valenti Jr., of Taneytown, Terry and Mark Valenti, both of Knoxville, Tenn., and Brian Valenti, of Bethesda, Md.; and six grandchildren.
A Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated Tuesday at St. John's Church in Darien. Edward Lawrence Funeral Home in Darien handled arrangements.
- 1 Survey Reveals What Cars Get Most Traffic Tickets
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Police: Norwalk Teen Posted Harassing Photos Of Teacher On App
- 4 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 5 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station