DARIEN, Conn. – Jean M. Valenti, a longtime Darien resident, died Nov. 16 at her home in Taneytown, Md. She was 90.
Valenti was born June 10, 1922, in Norwalk to Clifford and Elizabeth Main. She graduated from Norwalk High School in 1939. Along with her husband Frank, she was a local business owner in Norwalk for more than 30 years.
She was a member of the Darien Women's Guild and a Eucharistic minister at her church in Tryon, N.C. Valenti also volunteered at St. Luke's Hospital in Tyron. She enjoyed dancing with her husband and members of the local Piedmont Association.
She was predeceased by her husband.
Valenti is survived by four sons, Frank Valenti Jr., of Taneytown, Terry and Mark Valenti, both of Knoxville, Tenn., and Brian Valenti, of Bethesda, Md.; and six grandchildren.
A Mass of Christian Burial was celebrated Tuesday at St. John's Church in Darien. Edward Lawrence Funeral Home in Darien handled arrangements.
- 1 Norwalk Trio Charged With Attempted Thefts At Stop & Shop
- 2 Bridgeport's Beverly Pizza House A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 3 Norwalk Ranks Among State's Best Towns To Live In
- 4 Norwalk Man, 51, Charged With Forcing His Way Into Westport Home
- 5 Bridgeport Man Charged In Death Of Infant Son In Norwalk