STAMFORD, Conn. - Howard J. Brod, Jr. of Stamford died Friday, Jan. 3. He was 78.
Brod was born May 21, 1935, in Port Chester, to Howard J. Brod, Sr. and Melba Price Brod.
He was also a former resident of Norwalk and Florida. He was a self employed builder/contractor for 50 years before retiring from Signature Construction Co. of Stamford in 2005.
Brod is survived by his children, Debra L. Crosby (John) of Stamford, Cynthia A. DuJack of Danbury, Howard C. Brod of Clinton, Daniel R. Brod of Ticonderoga, N.Y.; sisters, Barbara Clark (John) of Long Island, Christina A. Phillips of Ridgefield; eight grandchildren; and a great grandchild. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Thursday, Jan. 0 from 4 to 8 p.m. at The Nicholas F. Cognetta Funeral Home & Crematory, 104 Myrtle Ave., Stamford. A prayer service will be held Thursday, Jan. 9 at 5 p.m. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Brod’s memory to the Alzheimer’s Association, CT Chapter, 2075 Silas Deane Highway, Suite 100, Rocky Hill, CT 06067 or to the Parkinson Disease Foundation, 1359 Broadway, Suite 1509, New York, NY 10018.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 5 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk