ROWAYTON, Conn. — Henry Thomas George Packwood, formerly of Rowayton, died Thursday, March 7. He was 88.
Packwood was born in London, England, Aug. 21, 1924, the son of Thomas and “Bess” Packwood. He was educated in England and served in the Royal Air Force during WWII.
Henry moved to Rowayton in 1957, and was a longtime Bell Island resident. He was a local bookkeeper and active member of the St Joseph Home School Association, Central Catholic High School Home School Association and the Bell Island Improvement Association.
Packwood is survived by his former wife, Barbara Gehan Packwood of Norwalk and their children, Mary (Kevin) Cornell of Orange, Conn., Ann Packwood of Fairfax, Va., Tom (Maureen) Packwood of Fairfield, Conn., Kate (Frank) McManus of Marietta, Ga. and Terri (Dave) Mastriani of Trumbull, Conn.; nine grandchildren; brother Michael Packwood (Jeanne) of West Sussex, England and his sister-in-law Diana of Brighton, England.
Calling hours are Tuesday, March 12, from 4 to 8 p.m. at Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, March 13, at St. John Church, 1986 Post Road, Darien. Interment will be held at a later date.
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'