NORWALK, Conn. – Gertrude Gilbert of Norwalk died Nov. 9 at Norwalk Hospital. She was 96.
Gilbert was born Aug. 17, 1916, in Mill Hill, England to George and Lily Gilbert. A retired lab technician, she worked at Norwalk Hospital for many years. She was an active member of the Rowayton Arts Center and an avid bird watcher and gardener.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Riverside Cemetery in Norwalk. There are no calling hours. Magner Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Rowayton Arts Center, 145 Rowayton Ave., Norwalk, CT 06853.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud In Norwalk