NORWALK, Conn. – Gertrude Gilbert of Norwalk died Nov. 9 at Norwalk Hospital. She was 96.
Gilbert was born Aug. 17, 1916, in Mill Hill, England to George and Lily Gilbert. A retired lab technician, she worked at Norwalk Hospital for many years. She was an active member of the Rowayton Arts Center and an avid bird watcher and gardener.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Riverside Cemetery in Norwalk. There are no calling hours. Magner Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Rowayton Arts Center, 145 Rowayton Ave., Norwalk, CT 06853.
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues
- 5 Norwalk Man Gets 7 Years In Prison For Shaking His Daughter To Death