NORWALK, Conn. – Gertrude Gilbert of Norwalk died Nov. 9 at Norwalk Hospital. She was 96.
Gilbert was born Aug. 17, 1916, in Mill Hill, England to George and Lily Gilbert. A retired lab technician, she worked at Norwalk Hospital for many years. She was an active member of the Rowayton Arts Center and an avid bird watcher and gardener.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Riverside Cemetery in Norwalk. There are no calling hours. Magner Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Rowayton Arts Center, 145 Rowayton Ave., Norwalk, CT 06853.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 4 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Norwalk
- 5 Female Danbury High Teacher Is Charged With Sexual Assault Of Male Student