NORWALK, Conn. – Gertrude Gilbert of Norwalk died Nov. 9 at Norwalk Hospital. She was 96.
Gilbert was born Aug. 17, 1916, in Mill Hill, England to George and Lily Gilbert. A retired lab technician, she worked at Norwalk Hospital for many years. She was an active member of the Rowayton Arts Center and an avid bird watcher and gardener.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Riverside Cemetery in Norwalk. There are no calling hours. Magner Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Rowayton Arts Center, 145 Rowayton Ave., Norwalk, CT 06853.
- 1 Fairfield Woman Hit By Bike In Central Park Is Reportedly Brain Dead
- 2 Chowdafest VIP Tickets Now On Sale In Norwalk
- 3 Man’s Arrest After Tearing Off Ear While On Drugs Tops Norwalk Week’s News
- 4 Ridgefield Attorney Charged With Stealing A Million From Escrow Accounts
- 5 It’s Go Time for Snapper Fishing in Norwalk