TRUMBULL, Conn. - George Michael Dornes, of Trumbull and formerly of Norwalk, died recently. He was 82.
Dornes was born in Laurelton, N.Y., to George and Anna Burger Dornes and raised in Rosedale, N.Y. He resided in Nyack, N.Y., and Norwalk before settling in Trumbull in 2006.
He worked for Kolesman Industries and then at Perkin-Elmer Corp., where he served as a purchasing manager of advanced technology until his retirement. He became the webmaster for the Perkin-Elmer Retiree Club and was a lifetime member of the Society of Manufacturing Engineers.
Dornes is survived by his wife, Marlene Traybarics Dornes; sisters-in-law, Miya Yonting-Dornes, of Hawaii, Jacqueline Turner, of Waterbury, Arlene Rose, of Monroe, Laurene Traybaris, of Bridgeport; and cousins. He was predeceased by his parents; and brother, John Dornes.
Calling hours are Saturday, Sept. 28, from 1 to 4 p.m. in the Lesko & Polke Funeral Home, 1209 Post Road, Fairfield Center, with a prayer service at 3:30 p.m.
For more information, please visit: www.leskopolkefuneralhome.com.
- 1 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 2 Norwalk Roads To Temporarily Close On May 25 For Parade
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Holiday Will Change Norwalk Trash Pickup Schedule
- 5 Norwalk, Celebrate Memorial Day With Local Parades