NORWALK, Conn. – Gary Mark Richards of 26 High St. in Norwalk died Sept. 1 at his home. He was 55.
He was born in Newton, Mass., to Norman V. Richards and the late Ruth Wyman Richards. He attended public school in Arlington Heights, Ill., and in Ridgefield, graduating from Ridgefield High School in 1974.
After taking part in the music program and various performing groups at Ridgefield High School, Richards went on to study jazz percussion, and in particular the vibraphone, at Berklee College of Music in Boston.
As a professional musician, he played with bands in greater New York City and New England. He also performed solo on the vibraphone as a licensed street musician, often under the name Rainbow Vibes, in community festivals and other events. He made many appearances at the SoNo Arts Festival.
When he wasn’t playing music, Richards held various positions with local employers, including Tapecom, Inc., of Bridgeport and a local taxi company.
He is survived by his father, Norman (Robin) Richards, of Washington, Pa.; a sister, Gayle Richards, and her partner, Alison Donigan, of Ypsilanti, Mich.; a brother, Gregory (Anne) Richards, of Deerfield, Ill.; and two nephews.
A memorial service will be held Nov. 10 in Norwalk. For details, email email@example.com. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the American Heart Association.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Norwalk, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night
- 4 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 5 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield