NORWALK, Conn. - Frederick Paul Wicke, a native of Norwalk, died Thursday, May 29. He was 77.
Wicke was born Sept. 23, 1936, he was the son of Dorothy Frey Wicke and Charles William Wicke. A graduate of Norwalk High School, class of '55, he attended Salem College in West Virginia. He had been employed by Nash Engineering in Norwalk and had established his own decorating business for several years. During retirement he volunteered with Special Needs children both in Rowayton, and in Naples, Fla.
Wicke is survived by his wife, Elizabeth; daughter, Debora Johannesen (Gary); son, David (Rebecca); brother, Charles (Barbara); daughter-in-law, Ann Wicke; and six grandchildren. He was predeceased by his son, Ronald.
A Memorial Service will be held at the convenience of his family.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Special Olympics, Special Olympics Connecticut, 2666 State St., Suite 1, Hamden, CT 06517-2232 (www.soct.org)
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 3 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 4 Police: Two Arrested After Shots Fired In Norwalk
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI