NORWALK, Conn. - Frederick Paul Wicke, a native of Norwalk, died Thursday, May 29. He was 77.
Wicke was born Sept. 23, 1936, he was the son of Dorothy Frey Wicke and Charles William Wicke. A graduate of Norwalk High School, class of '55, he attended Salem College in West Virginia. He had been employed by Nash Engineering in Norwalk and had established his own decorating business for several years. During retirement he volunteered with Special Needs children both in Rowayton, and in Naples, Fla.
Wicke is survived by his wife, Elizabeth; daughter, Debora Johannesen (Gary); son, David (Rebecca); brother, Charles (Barbara); daughter-in-law, Ann Wicke; and six grandchildren. He was predeceased by his son, Ronald.
A Memorial Service will be held at the convenience of his family.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Special Olympics, Special Olympics Connecticut, 2666 State St., Suite 1, Hamden, CT 06517-2232 (www.soct.org)
- 1 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 2 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk
- 5 Father Of Missing Fairfield Man Fears Search 'Will Not End Well'