NORWALK, Conn. - Frederick Paul Wicke, a native of Norwalk, died Thursday, May 29. He was 77.
Wicke was born Sept. 23, 1936, he was the son of Dorothy Frey Wicke and Charles William Wicke. A graduate of Norwalk High School, class of '55, he attended Salem College in West Virginia. He had been employed by Nash Engineering in Norwalk and had established his own decorating business for several years. During retirement he volunteered with Special Needs children both in Rowayton, and in Naples, Fla.
Wicke is survived by his wife, Elizabeth; daughter, Debora Johannesen (Gary); son, David (Rebecca); brother, Charles (Barbara); daughter-in-law, Ann Wicke; and six grandchildren. He was predeceased by his son, Ronald.
A Memorial Service will be held at the convenience of his family.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Special Olympics, Special Olympics Connecticut, 2666 State St., Suite 1, Hamden, CT 06517-2232 (www.soct.org)
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued