NORWALK, Conn. - Frederick Paul Wicke, a native of Norwalk, died Thursday, May 29. He was 77.
Wicke was born Sept. 23, 1936, he was the son of Dorothy Frey Wicke and Charles William Wicke. A graduate of Norwalk High School, class of '55, he attended Salem College in West Virginia. He had been employed by Nash Engineering in Norwalk and had established his own decorating business for several years. During retirement he volunteered with Special Needs children both in Rowayton, and in Naples, Fla.
Wicke is survived by his wife, Elizabeth; daughter, Debora Johannesen (Gary); son, David (Rebecca); brother, Charles (Barbara); daughter-in-law, Ann Wicke; and six grandchildren. He was predeceased by his son, Ronald.
A Memorial Service will be held at the convenience of his family.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Special Olympics, Special Olympics Connecticut, 2666 State St., Suite 1, Hamden, CT 06517-2232 (www.soct.org)
- 1 Norwalk Trio Charged With Attempted Thefts At Stop & Shop
- 2 Bridgeport's Beverly Pizza House A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 3 Norwalk Ranks Among State's Best Towns To Live In
- 4 Norwalk Man, 51, Charged With Forcing His Way Into Westport Home
- 5 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Sold Cocaine To Undercover Cop