NORWALK, Conn. – Frank Pasquale D'Orio, a former Norwalk firefighter and inspector, died Jan. 14 at Lord Chamberlain Nursing Home in Stratford, Conn. He was 86.
Born in Norwalk, he was the son of Frank J. and Mary Dugan D'Orio. He was married to Doris Andresen D'Orio, who predeceased him. D'Orio served in the Navy during World War II and the Army National Guard during the Korean War.
He served as a firefighter and fire inspector at the Norwalk Fire Department for 30 years. He enjoyed all outdoor activities.
D'Orio is survived by a son, Frank A. (Anne) D'Orio, of Stratford; five grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by a daughter, Linda Jean D'Orio; and a sister, Mildred Bogdany.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Matthew Church in Norwalk. Burial will be private. Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Magner Funeral Home in Norwalk.
Memorial donations may be made to Swim Across the Sound, c/o St. Vincent's Medical Center, 2800 Main St., Bridgeport, CT 06606.
- 1 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Norwalk
- 3 Norwalk Police Seek Three Suspects In Assault At Gas Station
- 4 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In New Canaan
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48