NORWALK, Conn. – Frank Pasquale D'Orio, a former Norwalk firefighter and inspector, died Jan. 14 at Lord Chamberlain Nursing Home in Stratford, Conn. He was 86.
Born in Norwalk, he was the son of Frank J. and Mary Dugan D'Orio. He was married to Doris Andresen D'Orio, who predeceased him. D'Orio served in the Navy during World War II and the Army National Guard during the Korean War.
He served as a firefighter and fire inspector at the Norwalk Fire Department for 30 years. He enjoyed all outdoor activities.
D'Orio is survived by a son, Frank A. (Anne) D'Orio, of Stratford; five grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by a daughter, Linda Jean D'Orio; and a sister, Mildred Bogdany.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Matthew Church in Norwalk. Burial will be private. Visitation is from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Magner Funeral Home in Norwalk.
Memorial donations may be made to Swim Across the Sound, c/o St. Vincent's Medical Center, 2800 Main St., Bridgeport, CT 06606.
- 1 Westport Mom Charged With Leaving Baby In Car At Whole Foods
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 4 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield
- 5 Death Of Man Who Drowned After Bridgeport Bar Fight Is Ruled A Homicide