NORWALK, Conn. - Everett ‘Spot’ Watson of Norwalk died Sunday, April 20. He was 78.
Watson was born July 30, 1935, to Everett and Doris Hudson Watson in Patterson, N.Y. He
was an Air Force Veteran, a member of the Eagles Aeiri #588, and a coach of youth sports. He was honored by the Norwalk Athletic Association and placed on their Wall of Fame. He umpired girls and men’s softball, and he was the equipment manager for The Norwalk Hotshots. He was a retired warehouse manager for Albany Products in Norwalk.
Watson is survived by his children, David Watson of Greenwich, Sheree and Richard McSally of Monroe, Michael and Carol Watson of Norwalk, Yvonne DeLong of Lexington, Kentucky, and Dwayne and Michele Watson of Norwalk; brother, Richard ‘Skip’ Watson of Weathersfield, Vt.; 12 grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. He was predeceased by his wife, Elvira Ann ‘Ellie’ Agens Watson; parents; and brothers, William, Charles, Eugene, and Milton ‘Butch’ Watson.
Calling hours are Friday, April 25 from 5 to 8 p.m. at The Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, April 26 at St. Jerome Church, 23 Half Mile Road, Norwalk; with burial and full military honors to follow at St. John Cemetery, Norwalk.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The American Heart Association.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital