NORWALK, Conn. - Eugene W. (Gene) Fitzgerald of Norwalk died Saturday, Aug. 16. He was 73.
Fitzgerald was born March 5, 1941, to John D. And Veronica (Daly) Fitzgerald. He was a graduate of Fairfield College Preparatory School and Fairfield University. He owned an accounting business, Fitzgerald and Co.
Fitzgerald is survived by his wife, Madeline; children, Maureen Ostroff of Trumbull, Michael J. Fitzgerald and Amy Rooney, both of Norwalk and Christopher O. Fitzgerald of Washington, D.C.; three grandchildren; siblings, Sister Delores Fitzgerald (C.S.J.), Kevin J. Fitzgerald and Mary Spielman. He was predeceased by his brothers, John D. Fitzgerald, Jr. and Brian A. Fitzgerald.
A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20 at St. Jerome Church, 23 Half Mile Road, Norwalk, with burial to follow at St. John Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be made to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (jdrf.org) or St. Jerome’s Church.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Norwalk Trio Charged With Attempted Thefts At Stop & Shop
- 2 Bridgeport's Beverly Pizza House A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 3 Norwalk Ranks Among State's Best Towns To Live In
- 4 Norwalk Man, 51, Charged With Forcing His Way Into Westport Home
- 5 Bridgeport Man Charged In Death Of Infant Son In Norwalk