NORWALK, Conn. - Eugene W. (Gene) Fitzgerald of Norwalk died Saturday, Aug. 16. He was 73.
Fitzgerald was born March 5, 1941, to John D. And Veronica (Daly) Fitzgerald. He was a graduate of Fairfield College Preparatory School and Fairfield University. He owned an accounting business, Fitzgerald and Co.
Fitzgerald is survived by his wife, Madeline; children, Maureen Ostroff of Trumbull, Michael J. Fitzgerald and Amy Rooney, both of Norwalk and Christopher O. Fitzgerald of Washington, D.C.; three grandchildren; siblings, Sister Delores Fitzgerald (C.S.J.), Kevin J. Fitzgerald and Mary Spielman. He was predeceased by his brothers, John D. Fitzgerald, Jr. and Brian A. Fitzgerald.
A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20 at St. Jerome Church, 23 Half Mile Road, Norwalk, with burial to follow at St. John Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be made to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (jdrf.org) or St. Jerome’s Church.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced