NORWALK, Conn. - Eugene W. (Gene) Fitzgerald of Norwalk died Saturday, Aug. 16. He was 73.
Fitzgerald was born March 5, 1941, to John D. And Veronica (Daly) Fitzgerald. He was a graduate of Fairfield College Preparatory School and Fairfield University. He owned an accounting business, Fitzgerald and Co.
Fitzgerald is survived by his wife, Madeline; children, Maureen Ostroff of Trumbull, Michael J. Fitzgerald and Amy Rooney, both of Norwalk and Christopher O. Fitzgerald of Washington, D.C.; three grandchildren; siblings, Sister Delores Fitzgerald (C.S.J.), Kevin J. Fitzgerald and Mary Spielman. He was predeceased by his brothers, John D. Fitzgerald, Jr. and Brian A. Fitzgerald.
A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20 at St. Jerome Church, 23 Half Mile Road, Norwalk, with burial to follow at St. John Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be made to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (jdrf.org) or St. Jerome’s Church.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Norwalk Winner Scoops Up $1M Powerball Windfall After Blizzard
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk
- 4 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In Norwalk
- 5 Details Emerge, But Questions Remain In Harrison Double Murder-Suicide