NORWALK, Conn. - Eugene W. (Gene) Fitzgerald of Norwalk died Saturday, Aug. 16. He was 73.
Fitzgerald was born March 5, 1941, to John D. And Veronica (Daly) Fitzgerald. He was a graduate of Fairfield College Preparatory School and Fairfield University. He owned an accounting business, Fitzgerald and Co.
Fitzgerald is survived by his wife, Madeline; children, Maureen Ostroff of Trumbull, Michael J. Fitzgerald and Amy Rooney, both of Norwalk and Christopher O. Fitzgerald of Washington, D.C.; three grandchildren; siblings, Sister Delores Fitzgerald (C.S.J.), Kevin J. Fitzgerald and Mary Spielman. He was predeceased by his brothers, John D. Fitzgerald, Jr. and Brian A. Fitzgerald.
A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 20 at St. Jerome Church, 23 Half Mile Road, Norwalk, with burial to follow at St. John Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be made to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (jdrf.org) or St. Jerome’s Church.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues
- 5 Norwalk Man Gets 7 Years In Prison For Shaking His Daughter To Death