NORWALK, Conn. - Ernest P. “Ernie” Virgulak of Norwalk died Friday, Jan. 24. He was 81.
Virgulak was born July 5, 1932, in Norwalk, son of John and Susan Thomas Virgulak, and has lived locally all of his life. He was a partner with his brothers at Virgulak Bros. Fuel Oil and Service Station and was a lifelong member of the Calvin Reformed Church (formerly Hungarian Reformed Church). He served in the consistory as a member, officer and chief elder. He was also a 50-year member of the South Norwalk Boat Club and a life member of the Loyal Order of Moose.
Virgulak is survived by his wife, Suzanne; many nieces and nephews; and sisters-in-law, Margaret Sontra Betts and Linda Sontra Van Buskirk and their families. He was predeceased by his parents; sisters, Irene M. Bardos and Susan M. Keene; and brothers, Louis W. and John J. Virgulak.
Calling hours are Thursday, Jan. 30, from 4 to 8 p.m. at Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. Services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 31, at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Cardamone, pastor of Calvin Reformed Church, officiating. Burial will follow at Riverside Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Virgulak’s name may be made to the Calvin Reformed Church, P.O. Box 629, Norwalk, CT 06852, or to the Norwalk Hospital E.M.S.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk
- 5 Norwalk High Administrator Moves To Lead Stamford High After Scandal