NORWALK, Conn. - Eleanor Bardos Banell of Norwalk died Tuesday, April 22. She was 92.
Banell was born June 11, 1921, she was the daughter of Joseph and Elizabeth Serke Bardos. She graduated from high school in 1939 and went on to graduate from the Norwalk Hospital School of Nursing in 1942. She worked as a nurse.
Banell is survived by her sister, Shirley Hart (Tom) of Norwalk; two nephews; and four grand nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and nephew, Philip Heart.
Calling hours are Thursday, April 24 from 4 to 7 p.m. at Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk. A funeral service for the family will take place in the funeral home at 10 a.m. Friday, April 25. Burial will follow the services in Riverside Cemetery, Norwalk.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 3 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital
- 4 Driver Of Norwalk Transit Bus Ticketed After Crash On MLK Drive
- 5 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say