NORWALK, Conn. – Eileen A. Weed Burkhardt, a former of Norwalk resident, died Sept. 10. She was 86.
Burkhardt was born April 6, 1926, in New Canaan. She graduated from New Canaan High School in 1941, where she was voted "best dancer." She retired from Perkin Elmer in Norwalk after 25 years as an export documentation specialist.
Burkhardt was predeceased by her husband, Kenneth Burkhardt; a sister, Patricia Greene; and a brother, Charles Weed.
She is survived by two sisters, Julia Yeo, of Groton, Conn. and Harriett Schutte, of New Canaan; four children, Kenneth (Donna) Burkhardt, of Canton, Conn., Sheila (Robert) Moseley, of Shelton, Anne (Andrew) Hatkoff, of Milford, Conn., and Eileen (Walter) DiBerardino, of Trumbull; and six grandchildren.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Thomas the Apostle Church in Norwalk. Burial will be private. Collins Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association or the American Cancer Society.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 3 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 4 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say
- 5 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk