NORWALK, Conn. – Eileen A. Weed Burkhardt, a former of Norwalk resident, died Sept. 10. She was 86.
Burkhardt was born April 6, 1926, in New Canaan. She graduated from New Canaan High School in 1941, where she was voted "best dancer." She retired from Perkin Elmer in Norwalk after 25 years as an export documentation specialist.
Burkhardt was predeceased by her husband, Kenneth Burkhardt; a sister, Patricia Greene; and a brother, Charles Weed.
She is survived by two sisters, Julia Yeo, of Groton, Conn. and Harriett Schutte, of New Canaan; four children, Kenneth (Donna) Burkhardt, of Canton, Conn., Sheila (Robert) Moseley, of Shelton, Anne (Andrew) Hatkoff, of Milford, Conn., and Eileen (Walter) DiBerardino, of Trumbull; and six grandchildren.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Thomas the Apostle Church in Norwalk. Burial will be private. Collins Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association or the American Cancer Society.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 Norwalk Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued