NORWALK, Conn. – Eileen A. Weed Burkhardt, a former of Norwalk resident, died Sept. 10. She was 86.
Burkhardt was born April 6, 1926, in New Canaan. She graduated from New Canaan High School in 1941, where she was voted "best dancer." She retired from Perkin Elmer in Norwalk after 25 years as an export documentation specialist.
Burkhardt was predeceased by her husband, Kenneth Burkhardt; a sister, Patricia Greene; and a brother, Charles Weed.
She is survived by two sisters, Julia Yeo, of Groton, Conn. and Harriett Schutte, of New Canaan; four children, Kenneth (Donna) Burkhardt, of Canton, Conn., Sheila (Robert) Moseley, of Shelton, Anne (Andrew) Hatkoff, of Milford, Conn., and Eileen (Walter) DiBerardino, of Trumbull; and six grandchildren.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Thomas the Apostle Church in Norwalk. Burial will be private. Collins Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association or the American Cancer Society.
- 1 Norwalk Winner Scoops Up $1M Powerball Windfall After Blizzard
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Accident Cleared: I-95 Southbound Reopens In Norwalk
- 4 Some Of The Best Pizza In Connecticut Is Found In Norwalk
- 5 Head Of Yoga Empire With Fairfield County Locations Faces Rape Allegation