NORWALK, Conn. - David Silverman, a resident of Norwalk, died June 29. He was 92.
Silverman was born Aug. 20, 1921, in Brooklyn, N.Y., and was the son of Samuel Silverman and Rose Gruber Silverman. He was a Purple Heart recipient who served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He worked as a foreman for Otis Elevators and Colorfilm for many years.
Silverman is survived by his children, Jacalyn Silverman, Richard Silverman (Sue Wainacht) and Shelia Felix (Harry); brother, Louis Silverman of Stamford; sister, Ann Brown of Florida; and six grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Catherine Colabella Silverman; brother, Al Silverman; and sisters, Beatrice Falco, Minnie Scott and Ray Weinstein.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 2 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 3 at the funeral home with Rabbi Joshua Hammerman officiating. Interment will follow at Fairfield Memorial Park, Oaklawn Ave., Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, 287 West St., Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Norwalk's Concussion Guidelines Dedicated To Jonathan Brown
- 4 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital