NORWALK, Conn. - David Silverman, a resident of Norwalk, died June 29. He was 92.
Silverman was born Aug. 20, 1921, in Brooklyn, N.Y., and was the son of Samuel Silverman and Rose Gruber Silverman. He was a Purple Heart recipient who served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He worked as a foreman for Otis Elevators and Colorfilm for many years.
Silverman is survived by his children, Jacalyn Silverman, Richard Silverman (Sue Wainacht) and Shelia Felix (Harry); brother, Louis Silverman of Stamford; sister, Ann Brown of Florida; and six grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Catherine Colabella Silverman; brother, Al Silverman; and sisters, Beatrice Falco, Minnie Scott and Ray Weinstein.
Calling hours are Wednesday, July 2 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Lacerenza Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 8 Schuyler Ave., Stamford. Funeral services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Thursday, July 3 at the funeral home with Rabbi Joshua Hammerman officiating. Interment will follow at Fairfield Memorial Park, Oaklawn Ave., Stamford.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, 287 West St., Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
- 1 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 2 Norwalk Man Faces Phone Theft Charges at Stew Leonard's
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Northern Fairfield County
- 4 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 5 Elderly Woman Mauled By Dog Dies At Bridgeport Hospital