NORWALK, Conn. - David “Scotty” McIntosh of Norwalk died Thursday, April 10. He was 83.
McIntosh was born Jan. 20, 1931, in Scotland, he was the son of Robert and Agnes McIntosh. He worked as a gardener on estates such as the Fisher Hotel in Pitlochry, Scotland before coming to America. He worked as the groundskeeper at R.T. Vanderbilt in Norwalk and as a gardener for several estates in Connecticut and Westchester County, N.Y. He was also a member and past President of the Horticultural Society of Fairfield County.
McIntosh is survived by his wife, Mary; daughters, Heather Grew (Nick) of Trumbull and Valerie McElaney (Philip) of Norwalk; son, Dave McIntosh (Theresa) of Fairfield; and eight grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; four brothers; and two sisters in Scotland.
Calling hours are Monday, April 14 from 10 to 11 a.m. at Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk. A funeral service will take place in the funeral home at 11 a.m. Burial will follow in St. John Cemetery, 223 Richards Ave., Norwalk.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 4 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk
- 5 Norwalk High Administrator Moves To Lead Stamford High After Scandal