NORWALK, Conn. - David “Scotty” McIntosh of Norwalk died Thursday, April 10. He was 83.
McIntosh was born Jan. 20, 1931, in Scotland, he was the son of Robert and Agnes McIntosh. He worked as a gardener on estates such as the Fisher Hotel in Pitlochry, Scotland before coming to America. He worked as the groundskeeper at R.T. Vanderbilt in Norwalk and as a gardener for several estates in Connecticut and Westchester County, N.Y. He was also a member and past President of the Horticultural Society of Fairfield County.
McIntosh is survived by his wife, Mary; daughters, Heather Grew (Nick) of Trumbull and Valerie McElaney (Philip) of Norwalk; son, Dave McIntosh (Theresa) of Fairfield; and eight grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; four brothers; and two sisters in Scotland.
Calling hours are Monday, April 14 from 10 to 11 a.m. at Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk. A funeral service will take place in the funeral home at 11 a.m. Burial will follow in St. John Cemetery, 223 Richards Ave., Norwalk.
- 1 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 2 18-Year-Old Shot In The Leg On Suncrest Road In Norwalk
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Norwalk Bat Maker Brings His Business To The Big Leagues
- 5 Mom's New Candle-Making Business Tops Norwalk Week’s News