NORWALK, Conn. - Clotilde Almanza of Norwalk died Saturday, May 10. She was 106.
Almanza was born July 6, 1907, in Chontales, Nicaragua, she was the daughter of Nieves and Maria Gutierres Reyes and has lived locally since 1973. She was a member of Inglesia Baptista Bethel Church in Bridgeport and the Parkway Assembly of God in Norwalk. She also taught knitting at NEON.
Almanza is survived by her daughters, Rosa Almanza of Norwalk and Lucila Almanza of Nicaragua; and four generations of grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Federico Almanza.
Calling hours are Monday, May 12 from 7 to 9 a.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. Funeral services will be held at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, May 13 at the funeral home, with burial to follow at Riverside Cemetery, Norwalk.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Almanza’s name may be made to the family.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 3 Charged In Connection With Sale Of Cocaine At Norwalk Nightclub
- 3 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital