NORWALK, Conn. - Cheryl Ruth Andersen of Norwalk died Jan. 5. She was 61.
Andersen was born Oct. 26, 1952, in Greenwich, to Martin and Beatrice Andersen. She was a resident of Georgetown for 29 years, and most recently lived in Norwalk. She was a member of the Mendelssohn Choir of Norwalk. She earned her Bachelors degree in Human Services from the University of Connecticut in May of 2013.
Andersen is survived by her daughters, Anastasia Burnsworth Kowal (Mark) and Alison Burnsworth Zareski (P.J.) both of Wilton; sons, Gary Lee Green Jr. of Bethel, David Martin Green of Poughkeepsie, N.Y. and Sean Curtis Burnsworth (Iris) of Gilboa, N.Y.; sister, Judean Ward (Patrick) of Greenwich; brother, Niel Andersen (Susan) of New Milford; four grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and sister, Virginia Chiappetta, all formerly of Greenwich.
Calling hours will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Bouton Funeral Home, 31 West Church St., in Georgetown, Connecticut. Memorial services will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The Mendelssohn Choir of Norwalk, P.O. Box 271, Fairfield, CT 06824-0271; or to the charity of your choice.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say