NORWALK, Conn. - Cheryl Ruth Andersen of Norwalk died Jan. 5. She was 61.
Andersen was born Oct. 26, 1952, in Greenwich, to Martin and Beatrice Andersen. She was a resident of Georgetown for 29 years, and most recently lived in Norwalk. She was a member of the Mendelssohn Choir of Norwalk. She earned her Bachelors degree in Human Services from the University of Connecticut in May of 2013.
Andersen is survived by her daughters, Anastasia Burnsworth Kowal (Mark) and Alison Burnsworth Zareski (P.J.) both of Wilton; sons, Gary Lee Green Jr. of Bethel, David Martin Green of Poughkeepsie, N.Y. and Sean Curtis Burnsworth (Iris) of Gilboa, N.Y.; sister, Judean Ward (Patrick) of Greenwich; brother, Niel Andersen (Susan) of New Milford; four grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; and sister, Virginia Chiappetta, all formerly of Greenwich.
Calling hours will be from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. at Bouton Funeral Home, 31 West Church St., in Georgetown, Connecticut. Memorial services will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The Mendelssohn Choir of Norwalk, P.O. Box 271, Fairfield, CT 06824-0271; or to the charity of your choice.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Norwalk With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard