RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Cecile Veilleux died July 5. She was 101.
Veilleux was born Dec. 11, 1912, in Lewiston, Maine, and was the daughter of Andre and Marie (Brochu) Lemieux. She retired from Benrus, Watch Corp. of Ridgefield. She was also the secretary, bookkeeper and co-owner of Modern Driving School in Norwalk with her husband, Leo. She volunteered for Danbury Hospital, Danbury Soup Kitchen and the Red Cross.
Veilleux is survived by her sons, Richard and Ronald Veilleux of New Milford, and Bert Veilleux of Ridgefield; many grandchildren; and great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; seven sisters; and three brothers.
There will be no calling hours. Inurnment will be at 1 p.m. Monday, July 14 at St. Peter Mausoleum.
In lieu of flowers, donation may be made in Veilleux’s name to a charity of your choice.
For more information, please visit: Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St. Danbury.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 3 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 4 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced
- 5 Norwalk High Band Marches To Title In National Contest