RIDGEFIELD, Conn. - Cecile Veilleux died July 5. She was 101.
Veilleux was born Dec. 11, 1912, in Lewiston, Maine, and was the daughter of Andre and Marie (Brochu) Lemieux. She retired from Benrus, Watch Corp. of Ridgefield. She was also the secretary, bookkeeper and co-owner of Modern Driving School in Norwalk with her husband, Leo. She volunteered for Danbury Hospital, Danbury Soup Kitchen and the Red Cross.
Veilleux is survived by her sons, Richard and Ronald Veilleux of New Milford, and Bert Veilleux of Ridgefield; many grandchildren; and great grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; seven sisters; and three brothers.
There will be no calling hours. Inurnment will be at 1 p.m. Monday, July 14 at St. Peter Mausoleum.
In lieu of flowers, donation may be made in Veilleux’s name to a charity of your choice.
For more information, please visit: Green Funeral Home, 57 Main St. Danbury.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Norwalk Skies Sunday
- 2 Norwalk Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 3 Muse Paintbar Adds Unique Alternative To Norwalk Nightlife
- 4 Madelene Lovullo Horgan, 56, Of Norwalk, Senior VP, The Nine West Company
- 5 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street