NORWALK, Conn. - Carmen V. Solemene of Norwalk died Tuesday, March 12. He was 86.
Solemene was born in Bridgeport to Joseph and Josephine Cipriani Solemene. He was a Naval veteran and worked as a plumber for Lubuck Engineering.
Solemene is survived by his wife, Laura; children: Joseph (Eileen) Solemene of Norwalk and Linda (Chris) Tillinghast of Colchester; four grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; brother, Frank Solemene; sister, Florence (Joe) Tatroe. He was predeceased by a brother and sister, Michael Solemene and Angeline Maronich; step-brothers, Phillip DiPallo and Joseph DiPallo, step-sisters Anna Petrella and Irene Arganese.
Calling hours are Friday from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave, Norwalk. A Funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 16 at St. Thomas the Apostle Church, Norwalk, with burial to follow at St. John Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be made in Solemene’s name to: Visiting Nurses of Connecticut 40 Lindeman Drive, Trumbull, CT 06611 or Hospice, 99 Hawley Lane, Suite 1204, Stratford, CT 06614.
- 1 One Stabbed, Three Teens Arrested In Large South Norwalk Fight
- 2 Norwalk Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Norwalk Basketball Community Stunned By Coach's Sudden Death
- 4 Norwalk Woman Arrested After Westport Drug Raid
- 5 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Norwalk