NORWALK, Conn. - Carmen V. Solemene of Norwalk died Tuesday, March 12. He was 86.
Solemene was born in Bridgeport to Joseph and Josephine Cipriani Solemene. He was a Naval veteran and worked as a plumber for Lubuck Engineering.
Solemene is survived by his wife, Laura; children: Joseph (Eileen) Solemene of Norwalk and Linda (Chris) Tillinghast of Colchester; four grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; brother, Frank Solemene; sister, Florence (Joe) Tatroe. He was predeceased by a brother and sister, Michael Solemene and Angeline Maronich; step-brothers, Phillip DiPallo and Joseph DiPallo, step-sisters Anna Petrella and Irene Arganese.
Calling hours are Friday from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave, Norwalk. A Funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 16 at St. Thomas the Apostle Church, Norwalk, with burial to follow at St. John Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be made in Solemene’s name to: Visiting Nurses of Connecticut 40 Lindeman Drive, Trumbull, CT 06611 or Hospice, 99 Hawley Lane, Suite 1204, Stratford, CT 06614.
- 1 Norwalk's Setti Christmas Village Wrapping Up After 26 Years
- 2 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Norwalk
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Four Men Breaking Into Car Charged With Trespassing In Norwalk, Police Say