NORWALK, Conn. - Carmella DePanfilis of Norwalk died Saturday, Feb. 15. She was 87.
DePanfilis was born Sept. 7, 1926, in Norwalk, the daughter of Antonio and Valverdina D’Alessio DePanfilis.
She is survived by her brothers, Ralph, Vincent and John DePanfilis, both of Norwalk; sister, Mary Gargiulo, also of Norwalk; and many nieces, nephews, grandnieces and grandnephews. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Wednesday, Feb. 19, from 4 to 8 p.m. in the Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Thursday, Feb. 20, at 10 a.m. in St. Jerome Church, 23 Half Mile Road, Norwalk. Interment will follow in St. John Cemetery, 223 Richards Ave., Norwalk.
In lieu of flowers, donations in DePanfilis’ memory may be made to: Star Inc., 182 Wolfpit Ave., Norwalk, CT 06851.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 3 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Norwalk Must Prepare
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Norwalk, NOAA Predicts