NORWALK, Conn. - Carmela G. DiDemetrio of Norwalk died Friday, Aug. 22. She was 81.
DiDemetrio was born Feb. 1, 1933, in Calabria, Italy, to Saverio and Filomena D’Agostino Collia.
DiDemetrio is survived by her children, Tiziana Rizzi (Jim), Franco DiDemetrio (Nancy); three grandchildren; brothers, Antonio, Romolo and Tomaso Collia; sisters, Filomena Gradito and Franca Bountempi, all of Italy, and Anna Basile of Stamford; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Ugo DiDemetrio; and brothers, Liborio and Baldo Collia.
There are no calling hours. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 26 at St. Jerome Church, 23 Half Mile Road, Norwalk, with burial to follow at Riverside Cemetery.
Donations in DiDemetrio’s name may be made to St. Jerome Church.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued