NORWALK, Conn. - Carmela G. DiDemetrio of Norwalk died Friday, Aug. 22. She was 81.
DiDemetrio was born Feb. 1, 1933, in Calabria, Italy, to Saverio and Filomena D’Agostino Collia.
DiDemetrio is survived by her children, Tiziana Rizzi (Jim), Franco DiDemetrio (Nancy); three grandchildren; brothers, Antonio, Romolo and Tomaso Collia; sisters, Filomena Gradito and Franca Bountempi, all of Italy, and Anna Basile of Stamford; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Ugo DiDemetrio; and brothers, Liborio and Baldo Collia.
There are no calling hours. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 26 at St. Jerome Church, 23 Half Mile Road, Norwalk, with burial to follow at Riverside Cemetery.
Donations in DiDemetrio’s name may be made to St. Jerome Church.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Bridgeport's Beverly Pizza House A Finalist In DVlicious Pizza Contest
- 2 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Sold Cocaine To Undercover Cop
- 3 Norwalk Man Arrested Again, Charged With Kicking EMT
- 4 Beware Of Delays On Merritt During Obama's Visit To Stamford
- 5 Colorful 'Splatter Run' Coming To Calf Pasture Beach In Norwalk