NORWALK, Conn. - Carmela G. DiDemetrio of Norwalk died Friday, Aug. 22. She was 81.
DiDemetrio was born Feb. 1, 1933, in Calabria, Italy, to Saverio and Filomena D’Agostino Collia.
DiDemetrio is survived by her children, Tiziana Rizzi (Jim), Franco DiDemetrio (Nancy); three grandchildren; brothers, Antonio, Romolo and Tomaso Collia; sisters, Filomena Gradito and Franca Bountempi, all of Italy, and Anna Basile of Stamford; and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by her parents; husband, Ugo DiDemetrio; and brothers, Liborio and Baldo Collia.
There are no calling hours. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 26 at St. Jerome Church, 23 Half Mile Road, Norwalk, with burial to follow at Riverside Cemetery.
Donations in DiDemetrio’s name may be made to St. Jerome Church.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 2 Newest Section Of Norwalk River Valley Trail A Hit For Runners, Bikers
- 3 Feds Award $161 Million Grant To Replace Aging Train Bridge In Norwalk
- 4 Norwalk’s Lockwood-Mathews Mansion Hosts Flea Market
- 5 Hospitals In Norwalk, Danbury Testing Suspected Cases Of Enterovirus