NORWALK, Conn. - Betty M. Rotermund of Norwalk died Monday, June 16. She was 91.
Rotermund was born July 12, 1922, in Yonkers, N.Y., the daughter of Louis F. and Mae Armistead Hovorka. She was a member of Grace Episcopal Church in Norwalk.
She has lived locally since 1952, when she and her husband, Ernie, purchased Old Orchard Greenhouses in Norwalk. They operated their business for 33 years before selling it in 1985.
Rotermund is survived by her children, Lonna Hammond (Donald) of Lebanon, Tenn., Ernest F. Rotermund Jr. (Therese) of Danbury and Bettina Santillan (Hugo) of Norwalk; nine grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Ernest F. Rotermund.
Calling hours are 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, June 20, at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 21, at the funeral home, with burial to follow at Riverside Cemetery.
- 1 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 2 Man Drowns In Creek On Bridgeport/Fairfield Border After Bar Fight
- 3 Norwalk, Check Out The Blue Moon Friday Night
- 4 2 Danbury Teens Charged With Harassing Ex-Teacher With Fake Twitter Account
- 5 Two Teenage Girls Rescued From Water After Tubing Accident Off Fairfield