NORWALK, Conn. - Betty M. Rotermund of Norwalk died Monday, June 16. She was 91.
Rotermund was born July 12, 1922, in Yonkers, N.Y., the daughter of Louis F. and Mae Armistead Hovorka. She was a member of Grace Episcopal Church in Norwalk.
She has lived locally since 1952, when she and her husband, Ernie, purchased Old Orchard Greenhouses in Norwalk. They operated their business for 33 years before selling it in 1985.
Rotermund is survived by her children, Lonna Hammond (Donald) of Lebanon, Tenn., Ernest F. Rotermund Jr. (Therese) of Danbury and Bettina Santillan (Hugo) of Norwalk; nine grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Ernest F. Rotermund.
Calling hours are 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, June 20, at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 21, at the funeral home, with burial to follow at Riverside Cemetery.
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged With Stealing Credit Cards, Identities From Cars
- 2 Red Flag Warning Issued For Fairfield County
- 3 Teen Takes Responsibility For 2008 Death Of 13-Year-Old Wilton Bicyclist
- 4 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Norwalk
- 5 Body Found In Lake Ontario ID'd As Fairfield's Max Maisel