NORWALK, Conn. - Betty M. Rotermund of Norwalk died Monday, June 16. She was 91.
Rotermund was born July 12, 1922, in Yonkers, N.Y., the daughter of Louis F. and Mae Armistead Hovorka. She was a member of Grace Episcopal Church in Norwalk.
She has lived locally since 1952, when she and her husband, Ernie, purchased Old Orchard Greenhouses in Norwalk. They operated their business for 33 years before selling it in 1985.
Rotermund is survived by her children, Lonna Hammond (Donald) of Lebanon, Tenn., Ernest F. Rotermund Jr. (Therese) of Danbury and Bettina Santillan (Hugo) of Norwalk; nine grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren. She was predeceased by her parents; and husband, Ernest F. Rotermund.
Calling hours are 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, June 20, at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 21, at the funeral home, with burial to follow at Riverside Cemetery.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud In Norwalk