NORWALK, Conn. - Benjamin W. "Ben" Olmstead of Norwalk died Thursday, July 24. He was 71.
Olmstead was born Aug. 29, 1942, in Norwalk, the son of Benjamin H. and Grace Linnartz Olmstead. He was a graduate of Norwalk High School, Class of 1960. He then served in the U.S. Army from 1964 to 1966 and in the Army Reserves and was discharged in 1970. He was a surveyor for the Town of New Canaan Department of Public Works for 36 years.
Olmstead is survived by his wife, Donna Pollastro Olmstead; daughters, Kim Olmstead Dennehy (Neil) and Lisa Olmstead Weed (Mark), all of Norwalk; a granddaughter; sister, Patricia Weaver (Wallace) of New Hampshire; and many nieces, nephews; and cousins. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, July 29, from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Magner Funeral Home, 12 Mott Ave., Norwalk. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 30, at St. Jerome Church, 23 Half Mile Road, Norwalk, with burial to follow at Willowbrook Cemetery in Westport.
In lieu of flowers, donations in Olmstead’s name may be made to St. Jerome Church.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview
- 3 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 4 Police: Two Arrested After Shots Fired In Norwalk
- 5 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI