NORWALK, Conn. – Barbara Scalisi of Norwalk died Oct. 4. She was 81.
Born May 14, 1931, in Norwalk, she was a daughter of William G. and Edith Soul Stevenson. She graduated from Norwalk High School in 1949 and was employed as the guidance secretary at Central Catholic High School in Norwalk for 15 years. She was married to Bernard "Ben" Scalisi Sr.
Scalisi is survived by her husband; two sons, Bernard Scalisi Jr., of Norwalk, and Thomas (Ellen) Scalisi, of Woodland Hills, Calif.; two daughters, Ann Scalisi (Jonathan) Michaelis, of Middletown, Conn., and Maria Scalisi (Gerard) Guimond, of Norwalk; a brother, William F. Stevenson, of Florida; a sister, Helen Jaeger, of Bennington, Vt.; four grandchildren and many nieces and nephews. She was predeceased by a sister, Jeanette Barns.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at noon Wednesday at St. Philip Roman Catholic Church in Norwalk. A wake will be held before the Mass in the vestibule of the church starting at 11 a.m. Burial will follow Mass at St. John Cemetery in Norwalk. Collins Funeral Home in Norwalk handled arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. Philip Roman Catholic Church.
- 1 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 2 Norwalk Police Assist With Prostitution Arrests At Wilton Spa
- 3 Norwalk School Superintendent Sets Jan. 31 As Last Day On The Job
- 4 Norwalk Firefighters Quickly Extinguish Burning Home; 11 People Displaced
- 5 Norwalk High Band Marches To Title In National Contest