BETHEL, Conn. - Anthony J. Gilbertie of Bethel died Sept. 1. He was 91.
Gilbertie was born Aug. 7, 1923, in Norwalk, to Antonio and Filimina Gilbertie of Westport. He grew up in Westport and worked in family business, Norwalk Greenhouses, before joining the Air Force. He was stationed in England during World War II. He worked for many years in the electrical supply business at Sexton Electric in Norwalk before retiring.
Gilbertie is survived by his son, Paul Gilbertie (Linda) of Bethel; brothers, Joseph Gilbertie (June), Albert Gilbertie (Vera); sister, Ginger Barber (Michael); three grandchildren; two great grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; and four step great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Mildred; son, Stephen Gilbertie; and sister, Celeste Kozar.
There are no calling hours and services will be private.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Norwalk, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Norwalk Residents Warned To Prepare For Approaching Blizzard
- 3 Norwalk Dodges Worst Of Nor'easter
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Norwalk; Blizzard Warning Issued