BETHEL, Conn. - Anthony J. Gilbertie of Bethel died Sept. 1. He was 91.
Gilbertie was born Aug. 7, 1923, in Norwalk, to Antonio and Filimina Gilbertie of Westport. He grew up in Westport and worked in family business, Norwalk Greenhouses, before joining the Air Force. He was stationed in England during World War II. He worked for many years in the electrical supply business at Sexton Electric in Norwalk before retiring.
Gilbertie is survived by his son, Paul Gilbertie (Linda) of Bethel; brothers, Joseph Gilbertie (June), Albert Gilbertie (Vera); sister, Ginger Barber (Michael); three grandchildren; two great grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; and four step great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Mildred; son, Stephen Gilbertie; and sister, Celeste Kozar.
There are no calling hours and services will be private.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 2 Supreme Court: No Immunity For Police In Raid That Left Norwalk Man Dead
- 3 Jake Ryan Noble, 21, Of Norwalk
- 4 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl