BETHEL, Conn. - Anthony J. Gilbertie of Bethel died Sept. 1. He was 91.
Gilbertie was born Aug. 7, 1923, in Norwalk, to Antonio and Filimina Gilbertie of Westport. He grew up in Westport and worked in family business, Norwalk Greenhouses, before joining the Air Force. He was stationed in England during World War II. He worked for many years in the electrical supply business at Sexton Electric in Norwalk before retiring.
Gilbertie is survived by his son, Paul Gilbertie (Linda) of Bethel; brothers, Joseph Gilbertie (June), Albert Gilbertie (Vera); sister, Ginger Barber (Michael); three grandchildren; two great grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; and four step great grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Mildred; son, Stephen Gilbertie; and sister, Celeste Kozar.
There are no calling hours and services will be private.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Norwalk
- 5 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller