NORWALK, Conn. – Anna May Davis of Norwalk died Jan. 20 at her home. She was 91.
Born Feb. 13, 1921, in Manhattan, Davis was the daughter of Adelaide Lionarons. She worked as a dance teacher in the USO during World War II. She met her husband, Arthur, while working for the USO.
Davis was a member of the Columbiettes and the Widows & Widowers Group. She was active at St. Mary Church and was a member of the choir.
She is survived by a daughter, Deborah (Richard) Roberts, of Norwalk; a brother, Ernest (Olga) Lionarons, of Schenectady, N.Y.; a granddaughter and many nieces and nephews.
Visitation is from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Collins Funeral Home in Norwalk. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 9:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Mary Church in Norwalk.
Memorial contributions may be made to a favorite charity.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 4 Three Iconic Offerings Will Be Cut From McDonald's Menu In Norwalk
- 5 Norwalk Mayor Rilling Quietly Gets Married