NORWALK, Conn. - Anastasios Mourouzidis of Norwalk died Wednesday, Aug. 20. He was 82.
Mourouzidis was born Feb. 10, 1932, in Spilia, Greece, to Elias and Sofia Mentekidis Mourouzidis. He served in the Greek Army before emigrating with his family to the United States. He worked as a baker for Pepperidge Farm before his retirement.
Mourouzidis is survived by his wife, Parthena Petridis Mourouzidis; son, Elias of Salisbury of North Carolina; daughter, Sophia (Frank) Aprea of Norwalk; four grandchildren; and sister, Elisavet Pougaridis of Greece. He was predeceased by his parents; and sister, Katina.
Calling hours are Sunday, Aug. 24 from 5 to 8 p.m. at Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk. Services will be held Monday, Aug. 25 at 10 p.m. in St. George Greek Orthodox Church, Norwalk. 238 West Rocks Road, Norwalk. Burial will follow in Riverside Cemetery, 81 Riverside Ave., Norwalk.
- 1 Bridgeport Man Charged With Masturbating At Kohl's In Norwalk
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Cuts Up Girlfriend's Shoes, Smears Avocado On TV
- 3 20-Year-Old Norwalk Man Creates Clothing Line Inspired By Connecticut
- 4 Norwalk Police: Man Reports Three Others Assaulted Him, Stole His Scooter
- 5 Man Shot To Death At Bridgeport Restaurant; Owner Injured