NORWALK, Conn. - Alvah M. McGirr of Norwalk died Wednesday, April 9. She was 79.
McGirr was born Jan. 10, 1935, in Norwalk, she was the daughter of W. Francis Hogan and Louise A. Hogan. She was the wife of Lee Roy O. McGirr
McGirr is survived by a son, R. Peter McGirr of Guilford; daughters, Sheila B. Demorest (R. Todd) of Kerhonkson N.Y. and Sharon L. McGirr of Norwalk; and a granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 15 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk CT 06851.
Donations may be made in McGirr’s name at: Masonicare, 535 Connecticut Ave., Suite 101, Norwalk CT 06854. http://www.masonicare.org.
- 1 Norwalk's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 Police: Norwalk Man Suffers Near-Fatal Stab Wounds In Greenwich
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible In Norwalk
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Connecticut Teens