NORWALK, Conn. - Alvah M. McGirr of Norwalk died Wednesday, April 9. She was 79.
McGirr was born Jan. 10, 1935, in Norwalk, she was the daughter of W. Francis Hogan and Louise A. Hogan. She was the wife of Lee Roy O. McGirr
McGirr is survived by a son, R. Peter McGirr of Guilford; daughters, Sheila B. Demorest (R. Todd) of Kerhonkson N.Y. and Sharon L. McGirr of Norwalk; and a granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 15 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk CT 06851.
Donations may be made in McGirr’s name at: Masonicare, 535 Connecticut Ave., Suite 101, Norwalk CT 06854. http://www.masonicare.org.
- 1 Four Norwalk Teen Girls Charged With Attacking Mother, Daughters
- 2 Norwalk Couple Charged With Attacking Another Couple At Bar
- 3 4 Teen Girls Arrested, 1 Sent To Hospital After Fight At Norwalk Beach
- 4 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 5 Crash Cleared From I-95 Northbound In Norwalk