NORWALK, Conn. - Alvah M. McGirr of Norwalk died Wednesday, April 9. She was 79.
McGirr was born Jan. 10, 1935, in Norwalk, she was the daughter of W. Francis Hogan and Louise A. Hogan. She was the wife of Lee Roy O. McGirr
McGirr is survived by a son, R. Peter McGirr of Guilford; daughters, Sheila B. Demorest (R. Todd) of Kerhonkson N.Y. and Sharon L. McGirr of Norwalk; and a granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 15 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk CT 06851.
Donations may be made in McGirr’s name at: Masonicare, 535 Connecticut Ave., Suite 101, Norwalk CT 06854. http://www.masonicare.org.
- 1 Norwalk's Concussion Guidelines Dedicated To Jonathan Brown
- 2 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 3 Man Charged With Possession Of Marijuana, Heroin, Acid In Norwalk
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director