NORWALK, Conn. - Alvah M. McGirr of Norwalk died Wednesday, April 9. She was 79.
McGirr was born Jan. 10, 1935, in Norwalk, she was the daughter of W. Francis Hogan and Louise A. Hogan. She was the wife of Lee Roy O. McGirr
McGirr is survived by a son, R. Peter McGirr of Guilford; daughters, Sheila B. Demorest (R. Todd) of Kerhonkson N.Y. and Sharon L. McGirr of Norwalk; and a granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 15 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk CT 06851.
Donations may be made in McGirr’s name at: Masonicare, 535 Connecticut Ave., Suite 101, Norwalk CT 06854. http://www.masonicare.org.
- 1 Bishop Cites Slain Sisters' Goodness At Funeral Mass In Harrison
- 2 Norwalk Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 4 Nordstrom Plans To Open Store In Proposed 95/7 Mall In Norwalk
- 5 Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud In Norwalk