NORWALK, Conn. - Alvah M. McGirr of Norwalk died Wednesday, April 9. She was 79.
McGirr was born Jan. 10, 1935, in Norwalk, she was the daughter of W. Francis Hogan and Louise A. Hogan. She was the wife of Lee Roy O. McGirr
McGirr is survived by a son, R. Peter McGirr of Guilford; daughters, Sheila B. Demorest (R. Todd) of Kerhonkson N.Y. and Sharon L. McGirr of Norwalk; and a granddaughter. She was predeceased by her parents.
Calling hours are Tuesday, April 15 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Collins Funeral Home, 92 East Ave., Norwalk CT 06851.
Donations may be made in McGirr’s name at: Masonicare, 535 Connecticut Ave., Suite 101, Norwalk CT 06854. http://www.masonicare.org.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Snow Could Return To Norwalk For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Snow Expected To Arrive By Tuesday Afternoon In Norwalk