NORWALK, Conn. - Aline E. Tavella of Norwalk died Friday, Feb. 28. She was 78.
Tavella was born Sept. 9, 1935, in Norwalk. She was the daughter of Gerard and Marie (Luneau) Emond. A graduate of Norwalk High School Class of 1953 and a member of the National Honor Society, she served as the reunion committee treasurer.
She was also a member of the Red Hat Society, Norwalk Senior Center, St. Thomas the Apostle Parish and St. Ann’s Club Women’s Auxiliary. She worked at C.R. Gibson as a cost analyst and later was vice president of the Norwalk Municipal Employees Credit Union for more than 30 years.
Tavella is survived by her husband, Joseph; children, Patty Perschino (Glenn), Joseph Tavella Jr. (Cheryl), and Terry Quell; five grandchildren; siblings, Pauline Landman, Ray Emond (Pat) and Claude Emond; sisters-in-law, Flora Tavella and Jane Gilchrist; and lifelong friends. She was predeceased by her parents; and son-in-law, Jack Quell.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Monday, March 3, at St. Philip Church, Norwalk, with burial to follow at St. John Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be made to the Whittingham Cancer Center, c/o Norwalk Hospital Foundation, 34 Maple St, Norwalk, CT 06856.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford/Norwalk Area Ranked Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Suspect In Norwalk Stabbing Death Says Cab Driver Wanted Sex
- 3 2 Norwalk Cheer Teams Defend Titles At National Competition
- 4 Probability Of A White Christmas Is Low In Norwalk
- 5 Nine Sandy Hook Victim Families File Lawsuit Against Gun Maker, Seller