NORWALK, Conn. - Aline E. Tavella of Norwalk died Friday, Feb. 28. She was 78.
Tavella was born Sept. 9, 1935, in Norwalk. She was the daughter of Gerard and Marie (Luneau) Emond. A graduate of Norwalk High School Class of 1953 and a member of the National Honor Society, she served as the reunion committee treasurer.
She was also a member of the Red Hat Society, Norwalk Senior Center, St. Thomas the Apostle Parish and St. Ann’s Club Women’s Auxiliary. She worked at C.R. Gibson as a cost analyst and later was vice president of the Norwalk Municipal Employees Credit Union for more than 30 years.
Tavella is survived by her husband, Joseph; children, Patty Perschino (Glenn), Joseph Tavella Jr. (Cheryl), and Terry Quell; five grandchildren; siblings, Pauline Landman, Ray Emond (Pat) and Claude Emond; sisters-in-law, Flora Tavella and Jane Gilchrist; and lifelong friends. She was predeceased by her parents; and son-in-law, Jack Quell.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Monday, March 3, at St. Philip Church, Norwalk, with burial to follow at St. John Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be made to the Whittingham Cancer Center, c/o Norwalk Hospital Foundation, 34 Maple St, Norwalk, CT 06856.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 Norwalk Man Charged In Assault On Store Clerk, Spitting At Police
- 2 Norwalk School Superintendent Plans To Leave For New London Job
- 3 Driver Of Norwalk Transit Bus Ticketed After Crash On MLK Drive
- 4 Bridgeport National Guard Member Killed By Unsafe Lane Change, Police Say
- 5 Where To Eat Out In And Around Norwalk On Thanksgiving