NORWALK, Conn. - Aline E. Tavella of Norwalk died Friday, Feb. 28. She was 78.
Tavella was born Sept. 9, 1935, in Norwalk. She was the daughter of Gerard and Marie (Luneau) Emond. A graduate of Norwalk High School Class of 1953 and a member of the National Honor Society, she served as the reunion committee treasurer.
She was also a member of the Red Hat Society, Norwalk Senior Center, St. Thomas the Apostle Parish and St. Ann’s Club Women’s Auxiliary. She worked at C.R. Gibson as a cost analyst and later was vice president of the Norwalk Municipal Employees Credit Union for more than 30 years.
Tavella is survived by her husband, Joseph; children, Patty Perschino (Glenn), Joseph Tavella Jr. (Cheryl), and Terry Quell; five grandchildren; siblings, Pauline Landman, Ray Emond (Pat) and Claude Emond; sisters-in-law, Flora Tavella and Jane Gilchrist; and lifelong friends. She was predeceased by her parents; and son-in-law, Jack Quell.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Monday, March 3, at St. Philip Church, Norwalk, with burial to follow at St. John Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be made to the Whittingham Cancer Center, c/o Norwalk Hospital Foundation, 34 Maple St, Norwalk, CT 06856.
For more information, please visit: www.magnerfuneralhome.com
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 3 State Police Seize 'Extraordinary Amount' Of Illegal Fireworks In Danbury
- 4 Man Caught After Assault On Trooper Leads To Chase That Ends On Route 7
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Norwalk